School Challenges : Lessons from life

Little did I suspect, that learning guitar would place me in a head breaking situation........

Music has fascinated me, ever since I was a kid. Guitar, was how I finally settled with a hobby, for the past 3 years. Learning guitar was a challenge, but a million times simpler than the one I am currently facing. Definitely, one has to agree that everything has its own advantages and disadvantages, but when you're troubled all you can point out is disadvantages. 

It all started with the exam season. There is going to be a farewell party (more of an event) in our school for the students of 10th grade. Now here is the mistake (atleast for me) that I made - Being excited knowing that our music teacher wants 'me' to play guitar for the event, without thinking about its consequences, I said ' certainly !!! yeah! I will play! The next hour my brain started thinking on all four sides. Finally, I realized the mistake I made- The Final Exam was less than a month a away, and I would be missing an entire week of school i.e practicing for the event. When I told this to a band mate from my class, without thinking twice he resigned. I couldn't decide how I should react to this situation. 
Now if you were in my place, what would you do ?
1. Miss an entire week of school and let all the notes pile up before the exam and complete your work after you're done with the event .
2.Resign, like my friend and continue with normal school and keep your notes up to date.

I spent an entire day with my mom, on deciding on either of the two options and settled with the first. Remembering John lennon -
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one "
I stuck to the first option and decided to keep studies and hobbies as two separate lives and not compromise one for the other. Just as said in the 'Eye of the tiger'
' Don't lose the grip on the dreams of the past, 
  You must fight just to keep them alive '

Even prefects and sport players in school do the same. So never ever think of giving up your passion just for responsibility.
And for me , I pursued my passion .............And the magic of music seemed to light the way.

            A pile of incomplete doesn't matter much in life !
I hope by reading this , You will save time in making the right decision !
                                                                                       - Cheers Siddharth